Thursday, March 31, 2011

Miss You

I couldn't help myself  I had to make another one!  I just HAD too, lol!!  This card is based on the Wild Orchid Challenge Sketch by Bev who just happens to be my cardmaking idol!  I just love everything she creates.



I made the flower myself ... I took, borrowed, lifted, nope I mean learned to make the flower from a talented scrapbook artist you can find her tutorial here, Vicky - Fuzzy lollipop flower.   I had some cheap mulberry paper that I bought at the dollar store when I started scrapbooking and well I couldn't cut it with my paper trimmer... I got mad... put it away and there it stayed... well I am happy and sad to report that I figured out that I loved playing with that paper.  it is so much FUN!!  It is all fussy and soft when you tear it and brush it out a bit!  What esle did I do... I colored the image and the blue flower centers (they were lavender) with my copics.  I also created the star sentiment.  I started with an acrilyc star.  I colored it yellow with my copics... I added some gold stickles to that and glued the whole thing to a white peice of cardstock  I used rub-on letters on the top of it and I attached it with pop dots.

Well thanks for looking.

Clear It Out - Flowers, Flowers & More Flowers
The Stamping Boutique - Homemade flowers
Wild Orchid Challenge - Sketch
Anything Goes Challenge - Make your own embellishments
Ladybug Crafts - Make your own flowers

9 comments:

  1. fabulous card love the flowers, thanks for joining us at anything goes x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers. Thanks for sharing them with us at Clear It Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just beautiful, the challenge over at clear it out was to post a tutorial on how to make flowers ;)
    but still glad you posted, its a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card and flowers Joelle, lovely
    thanks for joining us at the TSB challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you decided to enter our challenge at the Stamping Boutique!
    Your flowers are beautiful!

    Stacie
    TSB DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card..love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAH!!!! Congrats on getting on Heartfelt Creations...can't wait to work on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow what a beauty hun! This is so gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are stunning colors! Wow...thank so much for joining TSB challenge!

    ReplyDelete