I hope you are all enjoying hopping along on our shoe hop! If you came here from Cheryl Walker's amazing blog then you are on the right track and this is the last blog before heading back to Heartfelt Creations. What an adventure this was... I had so much fun creating this shoe, I had no idea where to even start, thank goodness there are so many great tutorials out there. I couldn't help but be inspired by all the creative designers who have taken the time to share there tutorials with the rest of us. Well here is what I came up with.
HCPC 3320 Vintage Word Background PreCut Set
HCPC 3403 Shabby Chic Lace PreCut Set
HCPC 3376 Distressed Leaves PreCut Set
HCD 701 Posy Patch Die
Basis light green cardstock
Bazzill Green cardstock
K & Company paper pad
Zing gold embossing powder
Peeled Paint Distress Ink
Decorating this shoe was so fun and easy with the wonderful stamps at HC... I know I say this alot but... these stamps are just so much fun to work with. I really liked working with the Basis cardstock from Paper Temptress the weight is perfect for this kind of project, it really holds it's shape well.
Here is a close up of the rose I created for the project.
I'm submitting my shoe to Diva's by Design Challenge Blog as they are hosting a anything but a card challenge right now! They always have Gorgeous creations on there blog.
There is more!!
I also found some time to create a card this week that I am excited to share with you. I love the way this card came out but to tell you the truth this card gave me a smidge of trouble... OK maybe more than a smidge but I completely love the way it turned out. Here is the finished card before I go through all the fun I had. I love trying out new techniques and on this card I tried a double resist. It looks so easy when other people do it! LOL!
Ok so I stamped and embossed the sentiments that went well, then I added the distress ink then I dried it... I thought that when I embossed the second time it would be as easy as the first time well I almost cried when all the embossing powder stuck to the whole card, I took a paint brush thinking that I could just start over and was amazed when the powder came off the card and still stuck to the embossing ink. Well as long as I was delicate. That was the first almost disaster, the second... well I wanted just the edges of the image panel to be colored in Robin Egg ink but the pad was a little too dry and I got a smudge that I really did not like. I thought I would cover it up using a little vintage photo but I went to far up the panel in some spots and severly disliked the original cover up. I decided to take the vintage photo all the way up the image. I went back over the edges with my blue distress ink because I could still see the smudge and well it was ok but now it was a little too dark! I splashed some water on it to remove some of the ink and well the result of all these mistakes I LOVE... happy accidents... if you really hate the way something looks keep working at it and sometimes you come out of it loving the learning process as well as the finished project.
Well I hope you enjoyed my project as well as the rest of the Heartfelt creations design team please head on back to the HC blog and let us know what you thought of the hop... of the projects... of the stamps or anything else that you want to comment on! We all love hearing what you guys have to say! Well that is it for me Thanks for hoping along with us!