Sunday, September 11, 2011

LMCB #55 - It's All In Black and White

Good morning,

Well it's Sunday and we have a brand new challenge for you over at Lasting memories this week.  I really hope that you will come out and play with us!  I had so much fun last week visiting all the entries and there were some AMAZING entries!  Actually they were all fabulous!  This week we're asking you to do your entire layout (inc'g photo's) in Black and White!!  Here is what I submitted for this week.  This page is my Gramma and Grampa when they were young.  I love this photo of them... they just look so young and wonderful!  Such a beautiful couple although I may be just a little biased!


The title is french... It's my first language and since my gramma does not speak any english I thought I would right a title that she would understand Douce Mémoire is Soft Memory or Delicate Memory.  My grampa passed away when I was 3... I really wish I could have known him, from all the stories that I've heard about him I sure would have loved to have had that opportunity!

Well thanks for stopping by and I hope that you will paly with us this week!

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Joelle. What a great tribute! Isn't it funny how way back "When"... most photos, no one is smilng? I have some oldies from my Grandparents.. same thing. Again... great layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout. I love the background and the flower is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the black paper doily!! Oh wait...maybe the spray is my fav...oh I don't know I just love the whole thing!! So beautiful!! xoxo Charity LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joelle, what a beautiful LO and I love that you did the title in french. It's only fitting. I love seeing the old photo's, they're beautiful. You certainly did this justice, beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a striking layout, Joelle!! :) I just love finding old family photos like this -- It's such a neat thing to see our family members at such a young age -- You did a wonderful job showcasing this photo!! :)

    Amy :) at www.lovetocrop.com
    Lasting Memories DTM

    ReplyDelete
  6. That flower really pops! I love the subtle color. And the black doily (?) is awesome! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your page, the title is beautiful, as is the picture. The flower is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you used a classic photo for this challenge! It fits perfectly!!! It's so clean and simple and makes the viewer focus on the photo!

    ReplyDelete