Saturday, November 5, 2011

LMCB #63 - Earth Tones and Sepia!


Wow what a fun challenge we have in store for you this week... Lasting Memories is challenging you to use a sepia photo and use only earth tones on your layout!  I hardly ever scrap with Sepia photo's I don't know why I guess I just don't think about it but as it stands I had recently printed the PERFECT photo for this challenge!  Here is the story...
A few months ago I was lucky enough to go see one of my favorite Canadian bands!  The Trews!  They played up north in Cochrane no less!  It gets better!  They were staying in the same hotel as us and as luck would have it on the same floor... Now I really love there music and so I was super excited and a little star struck... lol!  OK so they are not Nickelback but in my opinion they SHOULD be!  Me and my darling boyfriend... who thinks I'm nuts (debatable) went for a walk around town before the concert and we ran into a few of the guys from the band so I just had to get a few shots!  Here is one of me and Georges with the guys... I only had a disposable camera with me I know... gasp so the picture was not the best... after playing around in Picnik for a while this is what I came up with!  An old salon type picture which I seriously LOVE! 



I was also inspired by the color board are Color Combo's Galore this week.


Here is the page...


I really had a lot of fun putting this page together!  I used alot of layers, alot of inks and mists and paint!  Fabrics and anything else that I could find!  Can I just say this is one of my favorite pages that I have create in a while and it doesn't even have flowers on it... well except in the top corner I used some modeling paste and a stencil to add a little extra dimension on this project!  Here is a close up of how that turned out!



Here are a few more close-ups of all the different layers and embellisment...




Well I hope you will join us this week and create a project... Can't wait to see what you come up with!




6 comments:

  1. Joelle! This is an OUTSTANDING page!!! I just love it and you can tell you put so much work into it! Don't you just love a good page?? What a fun memory for sure. All of the details on your page just amaze me!! Love it Joelle!! You outdid yourself this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Striking page. Love all the layers. Great details.

    Vicki
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, let me just tell you how uber fab this lo it!! I love love love it!! The pic is just perfect and everything you used on the page just fit together perfectly! Definitely a magazine layout!
    xoxo Charity

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning. You should be totally proud of your page. It is totally awesome. What a wonderful memory and time to scrapbook. You did a wonderful job. You should frame this and put it on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow, Joelle! My mom would be SO jealous!!! She loves them as well and I just recently got one their album. What an amazing experience and love how your page all came together. This is awesome and what a cool memory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAbulous job with the paste! What a great idea! You did a wonderful job with the whole page! I love it!

    ReplyDelete