Right now Lasting Memories is holding a DT call. I've played with there weekly challenges a few times and they are truly motivational so I'm throwing my hat in the ring so to speak... It is a great way for me to keep my mojo flowing! I'm a little behind though so this on is for last weeks challenge Spring is in the air , I found this picture in my huge to scrap pile and I thought it was perfect. I based my page on the April BAP sketch. I always love the monthly sketches and I it gives me an excuse to break out my huge stash of all things PRIMA. OK so here it is
For this project I started with a 2 sheets of Bazzill CS. The pink sheet was sprayed with Tattered Angel - Glimmer Mist - Piece of Heart and Smooch Sprays in Splash and Cosmic pink. I added some splotches by dripping the ink directly on to the paper... I like splotches! I sowed the cardstock together and then using a paint brush I wet the edge of the top CS to wet distress, using my fingers and nails I scrunched up the sheet to add a little texture to the page. Don't you just love all these technical terms... splotches... scrunch! It is all good! Oh then I hit the edges with some Color Box ink in Robin's Nest. I just adore that color. Here is a close up of my edge so you can see what I'm talking about.
I used some Prima paper to frame the photo, it is the "Avondale" paper from the Annalee collection, I did some fussy cutting so that I could use the wonderful flowers in the patteren paper to add to my flower cluster. I used the back side of the same paper to mat my picture and the paper block behind it. The Butterflies were cut from the "Miss Pretty" paper which is from the Flights of Fancy Collection.
All the flowers are Prima; most of them were leftover from other projects so I don't have all the names for them. I find was told that building clusters from various types of flowers as well as layering different types of flowers adds interest to your project and I love the look of it so that is what I try to do now.
Here is a trick for titles, learned the HARD way... I stuck the letter stickers on some clear packaging and cut the title out instead of sticking the letters directly on the layout, that way I could play with the title until I had it exactly where I wanted it... It is so much easier then adding them to the page only to find out you don't really like where you put them or that they aren't spaced properly.
Well thanks for looking and if you read this whole thing... God bless you! LOL!