Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Suitcase

Have you ever had a project that so thoroughly kicked your butt that you didn't think you were ever going to get it done... Well that is what this project did to me.  It is for a swap over at Scrapbook.com and I started it well over a month ago... my due date is coming up fast and I've been trying to finish it up since the first of the month and it just did NOT want to cooperate.  I finally got it done... I found myself talking to the case this morning... trying to reason with it, I gave up and finished it to the best of my ability!  I truly hope the new owner of this case will love it because man, I worked hard on this silly thing!

OK so here are a few pictures of it!

This is the front of the case.  I used some prima papers on this, I love the thickness of prima's papers... It holds up very well for this kind of a project.  I didn't do much to it as the pattern is already SO PRETTY but I did use the Love rub-on!!  I added a few butterflies that I punched out with a Martha Stewart punch and some Prima Bling to the bodies and for a tail. 


Here is a side view.  I added some ribbons and lace to hide the seams


The view from the top... I added a hinge to close the case.  I punched out  some flowers oon a strip of cardstock and backed it with a second piece... added a few pearls and there you go... I know it sounds simple but mad did I strungle with this thing



And the last picture... as you can see I used some hinges from the hardware store so that the case opens.  I secured the hinges with brads... clever I know I have my moments!  LOL!  Adding the hardware was definatly my biggest challenge!  But I did it and now it is done and I can move on to the next project.


The only thing I'm not showing you is all the goodies going inside for my partner, lol some things have to be a secret... don't you think?


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, it turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty your partner is very lucky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! This is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I think you've done a fantastic job on this project!!! Love the paper too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat! Is there a tutorial for this? If so would you please share the link?

    ReplyDelete