Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Mommy's Day card

I am so addicted to these stamps they are way too much fun to color!  I created a few more cards.  The first one I'm sharing is a mother's day card...  I love this image the mermaid and her little one snuggled up to her back.  What better image to celebrate motherhood.  I decided to go with bright and cheery colors for this one.  I have never been big on yellows and oranges but for some reason I am just loving these colors right now!  I go through phases!  As you can see I went a little rose crazy but I couldn't help myself I used a few of my Martha Stewart punches on this card.  To seperate out the pattern papers and also all the leaves and branches to fill in the clusters.


As you can see I have a hard time deciding when to stop especially with flower clusters.  But that is OK I love them anyways.  The roses are from Iamroses... they are all so pretty I ordered a few assorted packs and luckly they had just the colors I needed.  I love when that happens.  The papers are odds and ends for my stash.  As always I have been inspired by some of the wonderful challenges around blogland here is were I am submitting this card

Crafts and me challenge -  Challenge 28 - Use- Yellow
ABC Challenge - R is for Roses
Scrapbook Sisters - challenge 29 - Mother's Day or for a Special Lady
Sweet Pea Stampers - Pack a Punch
Stampin' for the Weekend - For Mom

I think that is it!  Well thanks for looking!

12 comments:

  1. Joelle a beautiful card and colouring I love all the embellies too.
    Thank you for joining crafts and me this week
    Teresax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it the colours are just so juicy and bright perfect for this time of year and I love your colouring! Thanks for joining us at SPS Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous tropical colours - it is like a touch of paradise captured in a card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers, Hugs, Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Joelle, the flowers are gorgeous ! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, I do love all those yellow an orange flowers and the image is great too, you've done a great job with this card.
    thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous these stamps are so easy to get addicted to believe me lol. Love the image & the colours are lush.
    Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me & SPS Challenges, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOWZERS, Joelle.. this is absolutely STUNNING!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Crafts and Me Challenges this week! Hope to see you again next time :)
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joelle, what a lovely bright and cheery card. Well it looks like you've been bitten by the Sweet Pea Stamp bug just like me. I too love spending time colouring them in. Thanks for taking part in the Sweet Pea Stampers Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Sweet Pea Stampers Design Team xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is so bright and just amazing colouring, what a joy to see

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

    Designing for:
    Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous I love the oranges and browns so beautiful.Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Pea Stampers hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful hun. Thanks for joining us this week over at Sweet Pea Stampers. Good luck. Claire x

    ReplyDelete