Friday, March 4, 2011

Playing in Paradise - Challenge #5

What a treat it is for me to be able to play with the design team at Scrapbook Paradise this week, especially for such a fun challenge who doesn't like yummy cupcakes... I thought about colouring a cupcake stamp or doing a layout with cupcake embellishments but then I had this idea, I just had to try it and I love the way it came out!  I had so much fun putting this card together, it is simple and quick and perfect for a birthday, what can be better then quick and simple?  Well there is the added bonus that you could give this card to just about anybody regardless of age or gender that is always handy to have in your arsenal of cards!  Here it is...


I folded a piece of Kraft cardstock in half and drew the basic cupcake shape I wanted, making sure that the top of the card reached the folded edge and cut out my shape.  I used a Martha Stewart Punch pad for both the polka dot paper and the blue glitter paper (the blue one is my favourite sheet in that pad)  I folded the cardstock in an accordion at a little less then 1/2 " ... no fancy tools no measuring...  I ran some hot glue at the bottom of the card and spread out my folds till it covered the width of the base, then I did the same at the top and held it for a few seconds till the glue set... To do the icing I put the pattern paper over the base and cut around adding 1/2" again all around I then shaped the icing the way I wanted  and inked the edges with Robin's Egg - Color Box Pigment Ink.  I love that colour!!  I attached the icing with some pop dots to account for the thickness of the folded paper.  I used Thickers for the sentiment, this was silver so I used my copic markers to match them to my paper and well that is it!  Easy peasy!!  Oops, I almost forgot the cherry, can't have a perfect cupcake without a cherry on top!!  It was had drawn and cut and added to the top.. Well hope you liked my card and I really hope that you will be joining us in this week's challenge!  Happy Crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I love this cupcake. I found your blog on scrapbook.com and I am so glad I did. Conrate on your design team with Heartfelt Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! Love the color palette! Thanks for playing along at the Playing in Paradise challenge!

    ReplyDelete